Inspiring Eachother


We may reap the benefits of our successes by recognizing them and inspire others to be successful by sharing them. My desire is for this blog to be a place for you to share your successes with each other. Please feel free to comment on the posts at any time. Also, if you have something you would like me to post, such as a recipe, you can email it to me at wwkrisholmes@gmail.com.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Easy Pineapple/Orange Cream Cake

This moist cake is the perfect choice because of its preparation and make-ahead ease

1 (15 ¼ oz) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 (18.25 oz) pkg yellow cake mix
1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges, in light syrup, drained
½ cup egg substitute
½ cup fat free mayonnaise
1 (12 oz) container frozen fat free whipped topping, thawed
1 (1 oz) pkg sugar free vanilla instant pudding mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Drain pineapple, reserving juice;  set pineapple aside.  Combine reserved pineapple juice, cake mix, mandarin oranges, egg substitute, and mayonnaise in large bowl.  Beat with a mixer at medium speed, until well blended.  Pour batter into a 13X9” baking dish, coated with cooking spray.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool in dish on a wire rack.  Combine drained pineapple, whipped topping, and vanilla pudding mix, in a medium bowl, at beet at low speed, just until blended. 
Spread pineapple mixture evenly over top of cake.
Cover and store cake in refrigerator.                

Yield: 18 servings, 
4 POINTS.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS MAYO!!!! I hate mayo I wonder if I can sub with FF plain yogurt. I might try and let you know how it comes out. Other than the mayo sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will make this for Flo's birthday this Wednesday. I hope she likes it,. It sure sounds easy and yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete